Vai al contenuto

Lo Sviluppo Degli Uuv

Totiano

Messaggi raccomandati

nuovo interessante articolo su defencenews al link http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/na...rt120013763.php

breve premessa, gli UUV sono i "robot" subacquei impiegati nella ricerca di mine, in mappature di fondali e altre delizie. sono comandati dall'uomo ma non hanno equipaggio.

in breve, l'articolo evidenzia che il polo della ricerca su questi mezzi che possono avere mille usi è stato accentrato presso gli esperti della US Navy in oceanografia. immagino perchè sono coloro che li impiegano maggiormente e questo ha un senso.

però il nuovo centro non è più solo idrografico, si chiama Naval Oceanography Mine Warfare Center (NOMWC) e già gli idrografi entrano di prepotenza nella guerra di mine. ma la più succulenta è la frase successiva:

NOMWC assumed the test and evaluation responsibility for the unmanned vehicles from the Naval Mine and Anti-Submarine Warfare Command (NMAWC) this summer

praticamente hanno accentrato nelle mani di un'unica persona tutto quello che succede sott'acqua. il che è davvero interessante oltre che sintomatico del modo di pensare americano. accentrare le conoscenze in tutti i campi e mischiarle: possono saltare fuori soluzioni davvero innovative.

un concetto che anche in italia non è sconosciuto, penso che molto conoscano la cittadella brembo a reggio emilia.

Tornando a noi: svilupperanno tattiche e tecnihe e sono a disposizione per effettuare test e valutazioni anche per le Marine Alleate (ovvero aumentare l'archivio dei propri dati)

questo l'articolo e poi traete le vostre conclusioni:

Oceanography Team Has Become the Navy’s Mine Warfare UUV Expert

US Navy | Oct 15, 2007

STENNIS SPACE CENTER: The future of the Navy’s unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) program for mine warfare has been placed in the hands of the new Naval Oceanography Mine Warfare Center (NOMWC) in time for the command’s stand-up ceremony on Oct. 26.

NOMWC assumed the test and evaluation responsibility for the unmanned vehicles from the Naval Mine and Anti-Submarine Warfare Command (NMAWC) this summer.

“Our community probably has a longer history with UUVs than any other operational command in the Navy, and with this new responsibility, we are leading the Navy in man-portable UUV operations,” said Cmdr. Robert Witzleb, deputy director of Oceanography Operations for Mine Warfare with the Naval Oceanography Operations Command.

The oceanography community has worked with UUVs for several years because of their potential in oceanographic data collection. Members of the community work with other types of UUVs for other applications, such as gliders for anti-submarine warfare and special warfare.

Naval Oceanography enlisted personnel currently man the Naval Special Clearance Team 1 Un-Manned Systems (UMS) Platoon and worked on the old Mine and Anti-Submarine Warfare UUV platoon.

The oceanography community also has worked in mine warfare for many years and oceanography officer and enlisted Sailors are embedded with mine warfare units. Oceanographers know the impact that ocean and atmospheric conditions have on sensors and operations.

So, the oceanography community seemed a natural fit for mine warfare UUV test and evaluation.

The test and evaluation program is part of a Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) procurement system. NAVSEA is responsible for buying the vehicles for Navy operations, so an operator needs to evaluate the vehicles for their performance in real-world conditions first.

“A big part of what we’re here to do is develop all the tactics and techniques” relating to the operation of UUVs in mine warfare, said Lt. James Coleman, NOMWC team’s officer in charge.

The team can perform UUV test and evaluation for allied countries and for the Office of Naval Research in mine warfare exercises worldwide, and the team recommends modifications to the vehicles that can be included in future custom-built UUVs, specifically for use in mine warfare.

But the unit is not limited to UUV operation. It is also designed to surge to provide on-scene environmental support for mine warfare operations and exercises anywhere in the world independent of and/or along with UUVs.

“As unmanned systems continue to evolve within the Navy, mine warfare programs are leading the way,” Witzleb said. “The Naval Oceanography Mine Warfare Center is comprised of personnel in which the Navy has made a substantial technical education investment. This education is critical to the success of UUVs in support of mine warfare. Furthermore, the ability to support these future systems is dependent upon our understanding of these sensors, the data they yield, and the impacts of the environment upon them.”

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Interessante, gli UUV unmanned underwater vehicle un acronimo differente ma in pratica per capirci sono robot di concezione ROV Remote Operated Veihicle ovvero senza equipaggio. In campo oceanografico si stanno facendo passi da gigante anche grazie alla tecnologia sviluppata in campo civile/commerciale. Vorrei citare il SERPENT PROJECT (Scientific and Environmental ROV Partnership using Existing iNdustrial Technology) http://www.serpentproject.com/ dove grazie alla sinergia tra compagnie petrolifere e scienziati si usano le immagini registrate dai ROV impegnati in attività commerciali su fondali fino a 3,000 mtr per studiare i nostri abissi. Sono state scoperte specie finora sconosciute, pubblicati innumerevoli articoli scientifici e indubbiamente questo progetto ha aiutato la scienza a capire meglio cosa succede sul fondo dei nostri oceani.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

All'apparenza hanno indivuduato come area dei eccellenza le competenze per gli UUV nella componente Oceanografica; c'è da augurarsi che la scelta non depauperi ulteriormente le esperienze della componente Mine e ASW più di quanto già fatto nell'ultimo decennio. Guardando ad est potrebbero pentirsene.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti