Vai al contenuto

Dragamine Magnetici Dm 40 Santa Rita

ptdockyard

Messaggi raccomandati

I was wondering if the members here could help me solve a mystery. Here are two photos that show a CAM 41 magnetic mine hunting ship "Santa Rita" (DM 40) in Genoa in 1944. I do not see her in Groener's anywhere listed in German service and she is not listed in Cernuchi's book "Black Phoenix " on the RSI Navy.

Can anyone shed light on who was operating this ship in 1944 and any other details such as dimensions or armament?

Thank you!

Dave G

Italian%20Ship%20Santa%20Rita%20Genoa%20

Italian%20Ship%20Santa%20Rita%20Genoa%20

Modificato da ptdockyard
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Are you sure the date is correct?

All I can say is that a 2015 AIDMEN article by Marco Ghiglino on the "DM" magnetic minesweepers states the following about DM 40 Santa Rita: formerly Theodore L., 504 GRT motor sailing vessel, serving with the Regia Marina from 9.9.1942 to 8.9.1943. Sunk in Genoa after the armistice, cause unknown. Salvaged in 1946 and scrapped.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti