Un altro successo per BETASOM... :s34: :s67:

Mission name: Flaming Datum

US/NATO:

P-3 ---> C.TE SERTORE alias "the GURU"

FFG + MH-60 ---> C.TE DRAKKEN alias "the MITO"

RUSSIA

Akula --> C.te Molon Labe

Kilo --> C.te ASWNut

ieri sera... anzi notte ( :s07: inizio 23.30 fine ostilità alle 02.00 :s07: ) abbiamo fatto un bel match con due membri di spicco della comunità USA Commanders Accademy and Dive Centers.

Lo scenario era davvero grande... in un'area nell'Egeo di circa 100 mn dovevamo tracciare ed una volta violate le ROE , attaccare un Akula ed un Kilo nemico.

Io con la Perry ho utilizzato al meglio il mio TA... tracciando l'AKULA nemico, dopo che aveva attaccato un Super Tanker. Nell'attacco viene colpito il mio Seahawk, ma il siluro lanciato dal P-3 di Sertore non lascia speranze all' Akula.

Il KILO rimane fuori dai giochi , con una tattica troppo difensiva che lo lascia lontano dal campo di battaglia.

La missione finisce così con una ns splendida vittoria, nel pieno della tradizione di BETASOM :s20: :s20: :s20:

Ormai in campo internazionale siamo un esempio da seguire. Ecco il de-briefing preso dal forum CADC...

I was joined by ASWNut, Drakken, and Sertore. OneShot was also supposed to be there, but apparently he underestimated the stamina of his opponent in a carnal battle, and, instead of subduing her for the night, ended up himself defeated and left unconscious to stew in a mixture of contentment and humiliation. We can only pray that the victor did not discover OneShot's plot to slink away to the computer for the night, and then delete everything DW related on his computer to prevent him from attempting such treachery again. This, of course, is purely my own speculation and assumption, but I nevertheless declare it to be true in all aspects.

Onto the battle of the more traditional kind...

I played as an Akula and joined up with ASWNut in a Kilo to sink NATO shipping while Drakken took the FFG and Sertore a P-3. To our dismay, we started off quite close to each other in the northeast part of the Aegean, which meant our coverage of the shipping lanes would be limited. We decided that I, as the more mobile of the two submarines, should venture West for greener pastures, leaving ASWNut the Eastern lane.

Upon mission start, we had both received an intel message tellling us the names and classes of NATO shipping and Friendly/Neutral shipping, and a note of whether they were headed inbound to the Black Sea or outbound. Periodically, we'd receive intel updates about when a ship was expected to arrive at the top or bottom of the routes, which could help us tell the sheep from the goats. But for the most part, we had to close to 8nmi to VID the ships to know if they were NATO or neutral.

As I transited West, I crossed the eastern lanes and was able to identify two supertankers, one NATO, one neutral. Unfortunately, the neutral was the one headed ASWNut's direction. ASWNut detected a merchant of his own headed our way, but he was too far away and the target too fast to catch it.

That left the NATO supertanker to me, and I soon realized that due to the shallows it was heading into, the sooner I fired the better, because the torpedo would have to run most of the trip above the layer and in the surface duct. So I took the shot and continued west under the layer. To my dismay, I noticed that layer would not last long, as I was in a bit of a basin and the water was getting shallower all around.

I had a pretty good run to clear datum after the shot, and I soon came back up to look for more targets as the torpedo closed in. I was able to ID a NATO freighter in the top of the Eastern lanes and I detected the ship ASWNut had noticed to the south. Two additional merchants were headed away in the Western lanes, but I didn't see any opportunity to ID them. An intel message came in that mentioned an arrival time for a NATO Oiler consistent with the position of the southern, so we classed him hostile. But, the torpedo had struck the Supertanker by this point, and they had likely heard the torpedo before they got the distress call, so the P-3 and FFG's MH-60 were already headed my way, and I decided to evade for a bit before taking any further action.

I spent a lot of time watching the MH-60 through the scope, and the P-3 when it showed up a little later. As far as I could tell, they were searching too far south and west. I watched the MH-60 drop a buoy and didn't think much of it, assuming it was more than 6nmi out since I was at 16x zoom. Unfortunately once the buoy was active and I got TMA on it, it was only 3nm away and I felt I was marked. And sure enough, once I located the P-3 again we was on an attack run. I saw the torpedo below the plane just as I hit Shift+1. The damn boat took its time getting up, and by the time I was up I'm pretty sure the P-3 was out of range. More disturbing was when I was shooting the SA-14 I could hear the MH-60. So I shot the 2nd missile at it, which felled the flying mechanical beast. Ordering a crash dive, I took a 2nd shot at the distant P-3 just before the waves came over the sail.

The torp shot was far enough out that I had time to make the turn behind a pair of decoys, and it went by. It took a long time to show up again, which made me think the torpedo was set to snake, but after looping around the decoys one more time, it appeared again and quickly reacquired. There wasn't quite enough time to reload the decoy tubes; I got one out, but too late to do any good. I noted with frustration before the torpedo hit me that I had a torpedo assigned to the freighter and two missiles assigned to the oiler that nothing should have stopped me from firing when I first saw that torpedo drop. Oh well.

ASWNut announced he had no shots on anyone so we decided to call it a day at that point. I'll probably touch up the starting points on this mission to make it a little easier on the Kilo

Modificato da Drakken
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Che dire... meno male che c'è stato il MITO! :s20:

Partita assolutamente fuori dai nostri schemi, condizionata ogni tanto dai messaggi sia vocali che radio in semi slang, che ci hanno messo un po' in crisi, ma l'efficienza della ricerca del Drakken è stata tale da non lasciare scampo agli avversari.

Il fatto che sia riuscito ad affondare l'Akula nemico è stato l'unico comunque il risultato di una partita condotta in modo perfetto dall'IMMORTALE, che mi ha messo praticamente l'avversario su di un piatto d'argento, che di certo non mi sono lasciaro sfuggire.

Considerando che l'ordine di mobilitazione è giunto per caso alle 22:30, (stavo navigando su internet leggendo le discussioni su subsim quando ho visto il lancio della partita di Molon Labe), che il nostro 'scramble' è duranto meno di 10 minuti, (il tempo di contattare Drakken su Betasom, abilitare LWAMI 3.10 e collegarci all'IP della partita), e che all'alba delle'1:55 siamo usciti vincitori, direi che Betasom si è riconfermata MITICA a livello internazionale!

Viva Betasom! :s67:

PS: giusto per evidenziare la preparazione dei nostri avversari, Molon Labe è uno dei creatori di LWAMI 3.10, insieme a TLAM Strike e LuftWolf.

Modificato da sertore
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Ecco le azioni salienti della missione:

TAVOLA N° 1 ---> ore 5.00 zulu ---> Inizio della partita con l'area di gioco davvero estesa...

nuovaimmaginerj.png

TAVOLA N° 2 ---> ore 5.45 zulu ---> Mentre Sertore con il suo P-3 copre la zona SUD-OVEST, io predispongo un campo di sonoboe a Nord-EST...

nuovaimmagine1j.png

TAVOLA N° 3 ---> ore 6.05 zulu ---> il mio Sea-HAWK con l'assistenza del P-3 verifica un contatto sul mio TA con frequenza di base a 50hz... si scoprirà essere un civile, nel frattempo sentiamo un TIW a 031...

nuovaimmagine2a.png

TAVOLA N° 4 ---> ore 6.42 zulu ---> intensifichiamo le ricerche sul settore dell'affondamento della SUPERTANKER che fanno scattare le ROE, la mia sonoboa DICASS in attivo rileva con precisione l'AKULA, dopo una ricerca

in passivo effettuta con la TA.

nuovaimmagine3.png

TAVOLA N° 5 ---> ore 6.48 zulu ---> L'akula nel frattempo colpisce con un SAM il mio SeaHawk, ma il lancio di SERTORE è chirurgico, facendo oltrettutto una bella evasione dai SAM dell' akula :s20: GAME OVER

nuovaimmagine4.png

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti