Vai al contenuto

Mr. Bagnasco Plans

Messaggi raccomandati

Hello,

I have received the book Le navi da battaglia classe Littorio 1937-1948, by Bagnasco/Tores lately.

Needless to say this book contains everything what anybody would like to know about this class and I rate it as one of the best book devoted to a single class of warship.

But I'd like to know whether anybody knows, if not a top secret, what is the next (if any)most probable subject of Mr. Bagnasco and Co.?

Frankly my dream is the book like about mentioned but describing Zara class cruisers. Or maybe Trento class?

Any information will be highly appreciated.

By the way. Does anybody know if Navi italiane della 2a guerra mondiale (nuova serie) is intended to be ever continued.

If not please advice me where I can find complete informations (plans, technical data, photos) of Sella, Sauro, Euro class Destroyers and Spica (and later) Torpedo Boats.

Best Regards MM

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hi, MiroM.

Of course I dont't know Mr. Bagnasco's plans... :s41:

As far as I know, the last books specifically dedicated to classe Zara and classe Trento were

Incrociatori pesanti classe Zara / Elio Ando, Franco Gay

Pubblicazione Roma : Edizioni dell'Ateneo e Bizzarri, 1977

Descrizione fisica 2 v. ; 24 cm.

Collezione Orizzonte mare ; 5.and 2

and

Incrociatori pesanti classe Trento

Pubblicazione Roma : Bizzarri, 1975

Descrizione fisica 2 v. : ill. ; 24 cm

Comprende · 1:

· 2:

But I fear it will not be easy to find them..

Anyway, I hope some mate of Betasom will help you more. Bye.

Modificato da malaparte
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Aho!!!qua si tratta ,non dico solo di onore della bandiera, ma di cortesia pura e semplice!!Un nostro ospite :s01: straniero ci chiede informazioni su quel che riguarda la pubblicistica su classe Zara e classe Trento. E' entusiasta dei testi di Bagnasco & Co. , e si chiede cosa mai c'è in progetto.

Direii che vale qualche brindisi. e saluto,,, :s01: No?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

The Ufficio Storico della Marina Militare has recently published a new issue of "Le Torpediniere Italiane" where you'll find everything about the SPICA class and later Torpedo-boats. It is very costly, however. If you're not worried about this, try Tuttostoria/Ermanno Albertelli Editore, Parma, telefax no. 0039 0521 290387.

P.S. The SELLA, SAURO and EURO destroyers are not such a popular subject. The best that comes to mind is "Le Navi da guerra italiane 1940-1945" by Erminio Bagnasco and Enrico Cernuschi, Ermanno Albertelli Editore, 2003 (same source to find it).

To Commander Naughtyside: phew!

Modificato da de domenico
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Malaparte, de domenico, sidescanner, Totiano,

Thank you all for your responses. :s20:

I got all Orizzonte Mare (plus respective Immagini) :s01: but they have got old a bit and I think (hope) somebody (Mr. Bagnasco?, Brescia?, Bargoni?)

will rework them in Mrs. Bagnasco-Tores' Littorios book way :s20:

The same with Mrs. Giorgerini and Nani's "Gli Incrociatori Italiani" and Mrs Fioravanca, Polina, Riccardi, Gnifetti "I cacciatorpediniere Italiani".

By the way I'm very disappointed the "Navi italiane della 2a guerra mondiale - nuova serie" was discontinued.

After last beautiful one devoted to Freccias, Ventis and Poetis Destroyers I count for Leone, Sella, Sauro and Euro classes and Torpedo Boats.

I found much about Leone class in Mr. Bargomi's beautiful book Esploratori Italiani but Sella, Sauro and Euro are still desired.

It's pity that class of these handsome small Destroyers is so unpopular. :s68:

If book"Le torpediniere italiane" goes the same lines I'll try to get it even with ballast of earlier ships I'm not especially interested with:s10:

Inter-war period is my beloved one and everyone of Sella, Sauro or Euro in this guise is desired.

I got also Warship Pictorial n°23 and I must admit I prefer Italian sources in spite of some really nice shots of "Trento" in China.

PS. Sorry for writing in English but I don't even want to try do it in Italian :s14: though I can read quite properly(with dictionary help of course) :s01:

PS2. They were nice, weren't they http://www.icsm.it/regiamarina/images/9-RCT-Turbine.jpg

http://www.icsm.it/regiamarina/images/1-RCT-Nembo.jpg

Best Regards Miroslaw

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

By the way I'm very disappointed the "Navi italiane della 2a guerra mondiale - nuova serie" was discontinued.

You are not the only one. Actually, you can find them occasionally on some online auctions, but they got really expensive.

I get the chance to propose ... ehm ... colgo l'occasione per lanciare una proposta di "petizione popolare" per chiedere alla Albertelli di considerare una riedizione elettronica dei bellissimi volumi che ha pubblicato in passato. Questo renderebbe irrisori i costi a carico della casa editrice e consentirebbe ai molti appassionati che esistono non solo in Italia ma anche nel mondo, di acquisirne una copia ben fatta ad un prezzo ragionevole. In questo modo produrne anche solo un migliaio di copie potrebbe essere economicamente vantaggioso (a 20-30 € per libro fanno 20.000-30.000 €, a fronte di una spesa probabilmente al di sotto dei 1500 €). Fatte salve ovviamente le protezioni che ne impediscano la copia e/o la stampa in più di 1 copia ad uso personale.

Che ne dite? Cominciamo a raccogliere le adesioni a livello internazionale? Lanciamo la cosa sui forum stranieri?

Let's get up and move on! :s01:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

The Ufficio Storico della Marina Militare has recently published a new issue of "Le Torpediniere Italiane" where you'll find everything about the SPICA class and later Torpedo-boats. It is very costly, however. If you're not worried about this, try Tuttostoria/Ermanno Albertelli Editore, Parma, telefax no. 0039 0521 290387.

P.S. The SELLA, SAURO and EURO destroyers are not such a popular subject. The best that comes to mind is "Le Navi da guerra italiane 1940-1945" by Erminio Bagnasco and Enrico Cernuschi, Ermanno Albertelli Editore, 2003 (same source to find it).

To Commander Naughtyside: phew!

Hello,

"Le Navi da guerra italiane 1940-1945" treats about the ships during WW Two and I'm searching mainly for inter-war period.

Anyway I have this book too. In general I'm trying to get everything with "Italian" in title what I'm made know :s01:

I checked the book "Le Torpediniere Italiane" on Tuttostoria Web Site and I found the book covers period up to end of WW One and

Spica and later classes are not included

So I must arm myself with more patience and wait for continuation devoted to 1918-1943 period.

It could be the subject for next thread: When we can expect the book describing Regia Marine Torpedo Boat evolution after World War One.

Best Regards Miroslaw

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hello,

"Le Navi da guerra italiane 1940-1945" treats about the ships during WW Two and I'm searching mainly for inter-war period.

Anyway I have this book too. In general I'm trying to get everything with "Italian" in title what I'm made know :s01:

I checked the book "Le Torpediniere Italiane" on Tuttostoria Web Site and I found the book covers period up to end of WW One and

Spica and later classes are not included

So I must arm myself with more patience and wait for continuation devoted to 1918-1943 period.

It could be the subject for next thread: When we can expect the book describing Regia Marine Torpedo Boat evolution after World War One.

Best Regards Miroslaw

Well, Miroslaw, you appear to already own more Italian books than most of us common people. Moreover, you're concentrating on the inter-war period, which is obviously not as well covered by bibliography as are the wars. Arm yourself with patience (grin and bear it...)

Francesco

Modificato da de domenico
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

If not please advice me where I can find complete informations (plans, technical data, photos) of Sella, Sauro, Euro class Destroyers and Spica (and later) Torpedo Boats.

You are not the only one. Actually, you can find them occasionally on some online auctions, but they got really expensive.

I get the chance to propose ... ehm ... colgo l'occasione per lanciare una proposta di "petizione popolare" per chiedere alla Albertelli di considerare una riedizione elettronica dei bellissimi volumi che ha pubblicato in passato. Questo renderebbe irrisori i costi a carico della casa editrice e consentirebbe ai molti appassionati che esistono non solo in Italia ma anche nel mondo, di acquisirne una copia ben fatta ad un prezzo ragionevole. In questo modo produrne anche solo un migliaio di copie potrebbe essere economicamente vantaggioso (a 20-30 € per libro fanno 20.000-30.000 €, a fronte di una spesa probabilmente al di sotto dei 1500 €). Fatte salve ovviamente le protezioni che ne impediscano la copia e/o la stampa in più di 1 copia ad uso personale.

Che ne dite? Cominciamo a raccogliere le adesioni a livello internazionale? Lanciamo la cosa sui forum stranieri?

Let's get up and move on! :s01:

probably the best response will arrive with our commandet "Alagi"! please Miro, wait till new week and I'm sure you will receive other news...

Dear Miroslaw,

As one of the authors of some of the books of the "Orizzonte Mare - Nuova Serie" publications, I think I can give some "first hand" information on the requests that you have posted in this topic.

First of all, let me say that you appear to have a very deep and insightful interest into the history of Italian naval ships, so it's really a pleasure trying to be of some help.

Unfortunately... not so many Italian naval enthusiast appear to have your same interests into the 20's vintage destroyers of the "Sella", "Sauro" and "Euro" classes!

When publisher Albertelli started the "Nuova Serie" of the "Orizzonte Mare" Books in the early 90s, still some classes of cruisers ("Duca degli Abruzzi" and "Capitani Romani") had to be covered. These books sold-out very well, as well as the twin volume about the "Soldati" class destroyers. Further books (the three and two-stacker TBs and the "Freccia/Folgore", "Maestrale and "Oriani" destroyers) sold out in more than twice the time the cruiser books sold out.

As you may understand, such books are written for a very specific readership, and the publisher almost exactly knows how many books he will sell, so books are produced with a mere 10% overprint on these extimates, just to maximize earnings and to avoid big stocks of unsold books remaining for years in the publisher's factory. From the publisher's point of view, this is very correct... much less correct for those interested in the books and that - for some reason - missed the chance to buy the books when they had been published.

For the same reason, it's almost impossible to produce a 2nd print of a book, as too few copies would be sold and this would be absolutely uneconomical.

At the same time, some in-deep market testing was conducted in the late 90s to check how books about the "Sella", "Sauro" and "Euro" class destroyers would have been received by the readership, but the results were disappointing as it appeared that less than 1,000 books would have been surely sold, and this isn't absolutely a number that can get the costs covered.

So, I daresay, I really don't think that further books in the "Orizzonte Mare - Nuova Serie" will follow... I'm sorry, but this is the "state of art" of the matter for the while.

The smaller the ships, less books are sold - this is a market's rule that nobody can change. :s06:

On the contrary, Edozio's idea to get the "Orizzonte Mare" books published on CD is a very good one: we have already experienced a good success with similar CDs covering the first twenty numbers of the magazine "Storia militare", so this could be quite interesting an idea. I surely will talk about at the next staff metting at Albertelli's headquarters.

I'll let you know!

Maurizio Brescia

Modificato da Alagi
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 11 months later...

Buongiorno,

volevo sapere se ci fossero delle novità riguardo alla proposta del signor Brescia per una ripubblicazione in CD di tali volumi.

Io sono riuscito a recuperare negli ultimi anni tutti gli "Orizzonte Mare" (compresi persino i "Vascelli nei secoli"), mentre della nuova serie ho solo i "Freccia/Folgore etc" (tra l'altro posso finalmente togliermi la soddisfazione di fare i complimenti ad uno degli autori); degli altri non riesco a trovarne la minima traccia (non so cosa darei per i "Duca degli Abruzzi o per i "Capitani Romani").

Colgo anche l'occasione di chiedere se qualcuno conosce qualche altra monografia relativa appunto ai "Duca degli Abruzzi", i miei preferiti in assoluto.

Girando anche per le pubblicazioni estere ho trovato qualcosa per diverse classi di navi italiane, in particolare le varie pubblicazioni polacche e russe, belline ma illeggibili, (anche se ho la sensazione che i russi abbiano scopiazzato gli "Orizzonte Mare"); invece per i "garibaldi" assolutamente niente, sembra che nessun'altro abbia pubblicato qualcosina

Cordiali saluti

Peguy

Modificato da peguy
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Buongiorno,

volevo sapere se ci fossero delle novità riguardo alla proposta del signor Brescia per una ripubblicazione in CD di tali volumi.

Al momento non ci sono novità ma - qualora dovesse venire deciso qualcosa - ne darò sicuramente informativa. :s02:

(anche se ho la sensazione che i russi abbiano scopiazzato gli "Orizzonte Mare")

Purtroppo è vero, anche se lo hanno fatto in modo approssimativo, grezzo e artigianale. Un tempo copiavano radar, computer e armamenti, oggi si dedicano ai libri... Le vecchie e sane abitudini "da guerra fredda" sono dure a morire. :s03: :s03:

Modificato da Alagi
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

grazie mille!

non sa (o sai?) dirmi se comunque esiste una qualsiasi pubblicazione che tratti dei "duca degli abruzzi"?

grazie

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

grazie mille!

non sa (o sai?) dirmi se comunque esiste una qualsiasi pubblicazione che tratti dei "duca degli abruzzi"?

grazie

Per favore diamoci del tu! :s02:

Ad esclusione dei due "Orizzonte Mare" nuova serie n.ri 8/I e 8/II non ci sono altri libri sull'argomento (va però considerato anche il volume "A7" della vecchia serie "Orizzonte Mare - immagini", relativo appunto alla sola componente iconografica su Garibaldi e Abruzzi).

Dati, disegni e foto sulle due unità possono essere reperiti sul Giorgerini/Nani "Gli incrociatori italiani" edito dall'USMM (ma da tempo non più in stampa) e sul Bagnasco/Cernuschi "Le navi da guerra italiane 1940-1945" (Parma, Albertelli, 2004). Naturalmente, per entrambe le pubblicazioni si tratta di capitoli brevi - per quanto completi - e non di trattazioni esaustive come nel caso degli "Orizzonte Mare".

Modificato da Alagi
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti