Vai al contenuto

Italian Submarine Flotillas

PL_Hartmann

Messaggi raccomandati

I hope it's the right place to write this topic.

I would like to ask You for some help. Since some time I'm interesting in Italian warfare. Maby You can give me some links(also to another topics in Betasom), pictures or informations about italian submarine flotillas/destroyer squadrons(names, flags, hymn and ship types in it), ranks of regia marina with insignia on uniforms, badges and medals. Thanks for any help. Cio

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

C. Welcome you in Betasom, I begin with the to give you the names of the ours Royal Submarines, if you want that continue me it know it ok?

It excuses for my English THE first 2 submarines that forced Squeezed it of Gibraltar in the June of 1940 had been:

The Royal Submarines June 10 1940, italy had in service 116 submarines of whom 42 Oceanic and 74 Mediterranean.

The 42 Oceanic were:

Archimedes, Atropo, Bagnolini, Balilla, Shed, Barbarigo, you Whiten, Brin, Bald, Cappellini, From Win, Dandolo, Emo, Faà of Brown, Ferraris, Fieramosca, Finzi, Seal, Galileo, Galvani, Giuliani, Bluegreen, Guglielmotti, Liuzzi, Malaspina, Marcello, Marconi, Micca, Millelire, Mocenigo, Morosini, Dwarves, Otaria, Provana, Sciesa, Tarantini, Tazzoli, Tower, a certain amount, Veniero and Zoca.

The 74 Mediterranean were:

Adua, Alagi, Amber, Amethyst, Anfitrite, Aradam, Argo, Argonauta, Ascianghi, Axum, Flag, Bausan, Beilul, Berillo, Bragadin, Capponi, Column, Corallo, Corridoni, Dagabur, From Procida, Dolphin, Des Geneys, Dessiè, Diaspro, Dynamite, Fisalia, Etiquette, Gem, Gondar, H1, H2, H4, H6, H8, Rainbow, Jalea, Jantina, Lafolè, Macallè, Malachite, Me It It, Manara, Jellyfish, Menotti, Naiad, Narvalo, Neghelli, Nereide, Wave, Onyx, X3, Sapphire.

Other 66 submarines go on duty in the I continue some conflict and were: Steel, Alabaster, Silver, Asteria, Ivory, Baiamonti, Bronze, Cagni, Caracciolo, CB1.. CB20, Cobalto, Wave, FR111.. FR117, Jade, Whirlpool, Granite, Tide, Millo, Murena, Nautilo, Nichelio, Platinum, Porphyry, I Row, Rismondo, Romolo, Saint Bon, Sparide, S1.. S9, Triton, Turquoise, Volframio and Whirl.

Immediately in the first 10 days of war quite 10 submarines had been sunk the first one was the Provana (C. C. Ugo Bangs) then the long Diamond costs it some Marmarica. In the Red Mar went loser the Macallè, the Tower, the Galvani and the Galileo. At the conclusion of a long fight scomparve also the Liuzzi: after to have put in safe the crew, I sink with its unity the C. C. Bezzi. Finally within the month of June they went loser the uebi Scebeli in the mediterranean one and the argonauta and the Ruby to southeast of Taranto.

The present submarines to Betasom were 32:

Malaspina (from 4 September 1940), Barbarigo (from the 8/9/1940), Dandolo (from the 10/9/1940), Marconi (from the 28/9/1940), Finzi (from the 29/9/1940), Bagnolini (from the 30/9/1940), Emo (from the 3/10/1940), Tarantini (from the 5/10/1940), Bullocks (from the 5/10/1940), Faà of Brown (from the 5/10/1940), Otaria (from the 6/10/1940), Shed (from the 6/10/1940), Giuliani (from the 6/10/1940), Bluegreen (from the 22/10/1940), Bald (from the Marcello (from the 2/12/1940), you Whiten (from the 18/12/1940), Brin (from the 18/12/1940), Velella (from the 25/12/1940), Mocenigo (from the 26/12/1940), Guglielmotti (from the 6/5/1941), Archimedes (from the 7/5/1941), Ferraris (from the 9/5/1941), Pearl (from the 20/5/1941), Cagni (from the 20/2/1943).

The first 2 submarines that forced Squeezed it of Gibraltar in the June of 1940 had been: * Cappellini (C. C. Christian Masi) * Finzi (C. C. Alberto Dominici)

* Cappellini (C. C. Christian Masi)

* Finzi (C. C. Alberto Dominici)

Comprehensively in 1940 the submarines Atlantics carried to limit 30 missions sinking 9 steamboats for a total of 35.959 t. s. l., other - 9 steamboats for a total of 29.096 t. s. l.

Betasom lost in Mission:

* Tarantini (15/12/1940 near Bordeaux for undermining)

* Faà Of Brown (between the 31/10/1940 and the 5/1/1941 forunknown causes along the ireland)

* Dwarves (between the 3/1 and the 20/2/1941 for unknown causes in the Atlantic northern)

* Marcello(between the 7/2 and the 6/4/1941 in the Atlantic northern)

* Bluegreen (sunk from the crew the 27/6/1941 in the Atlantic Central)

* White(5/7/1941 in the gulf of Biscaglia for undermining)

* Shed (8/9/1941 for collision Biscaglia)

* Malaspina (between 8/7 and the 18/11/1941for indeterminate causes)

* Itself (25/10/1941 sunk from the crew in the Atlantic central)

* Marconi (between the 28/10 and the 4/12/1941 for indeterminate causes in the Atlantic hit the center of-eastern)

* Bald (sunk from the crew the 15/7/1942 in the Atlantic central)

* Morosini(between the 8/8 and the 10/9/1942 for indeterminate causes)

* Archimedes (hit from bombs of airplanes in the Brazilian waters the15/4/1943)

* Tazzoli (between the 17/5 and the 31/8 1943 Biscaglia for indeterminate causes)

* From you Win (sunk the 23/5/1943 in the zoneof Head Finisterre)

* Barbarigo (between the 16/6 and the 31/8/1943 in the Atlantic hit the center of-eastern)

You HONOR TO ALL THEIR!

If I should continue in the to write the story of our Submarines myself it it ok?

Bye

C.te Duval

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo!

I had a liitle crash on my computer, that's why I haven't been on Betasom for so long. Thanks for Informations, of course please continue... If it is to many translations or work, You can give me links or send some articles. I am very interesting in Regia Marina and as I sad once we don't have in Poland informations about it.

By the way, maby You have also some informations about one of the Italian Destroyer Flotilla. Why I'm asking for this? Becouse In Polishseamen players are grouped in submarine flotillas and destroyer squadrons. I want to create a Italian group, but to do this I need some informations :)

So Duval, if You can, please continue...

Greatings

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Ok Continue

To the beginnings of our conflict Som were arranged in SQ. :

1° Grupsom - The Spice

11° SQ. Calvi-Finzi-Tazzoli-Fieramosca

12° SQ. Cappellini-Faà of Bruno-Mocenigo-Veniero-Glauco-Otaria

13° SQ. Berillo-Onyx-Gemma

14° SQ. Iride-Argo-Velella

15° SQ. Gondar-Neghelli-Ascianghi-Scirè

16° SQ. Micca-Foca

17° SQ. H 1,2,4,6,8

2° Grupsom Naples

21° SQ. Marcello-Nani-Dandolo-Provana

22° SQ. Barbarigo-Emo-Morosini-Marconi-Da Vinci

3° Grupsom - Messina

31° SQ. Pisani-Colonnello Bausa-Des Geneys

33° SQ. Bandiera-Manara-Menotti-Santarosa

34° SQ. Mameli-Capponi-Speri-Da Procida

35° SQ. Durbo-Tembien-Bragadin

37° SQ. X2-X3

4° Grupsom - Taranto

40° SQ. Balilla-Sciesa-Toti-Milliere

41° SQ. Liuzzi-Bagnolini-Giuliani-Tarantini

42° SQ. Brin

43° SQ. Settimo-Settembrini

44° SQ. Anfitrite

45° SQ. Salpa-Serpente

46° SQ. Dessie-Dagabur-Uarsciek-Uebi/Scebeli

47° SQ. Malachite-Rubino-Ambra

48° SQ. Ondina

49° SQ. Atropo-Zoea-Corridoni

5° Gruposom Lero

51° SQ. Narvalo-Squalo-Tricheco-Delfino

52° SQ. Jalea-Lantina-Ametista-Zaffiro

6° Grupsom - Tobruk

61° SQ. Sirena-Argonauta-Fisalia-Smeraldo-Naiade

62° SQ. Diamante-Topazio-Nereide-Galatea-Lafolè

7° Grupsom - you Curdle

71° SQ. Alagi-Axum-Adua-Aradam

72° SQ. Diaspro-Corallo-Tuchese-Medusa

Flottiglia Som. - Massaua

81° SQ. Guglielmotti-Ferraris-Galavani-Galilei

2° SQ. Perla-Macallè-Archimede-Torricelli

To the End of 1940 they were abolished the orders of Squadron and some groups of Submarines for a total of 12 formed themselves.

1° Grupsom -The Spice

Bajamonti - Rismondo - H1,H2,H4,H6

2° Grupsom - Napoli

Alagi-Aradam-Axum-Diaspro-Galatea-Topazio-Turchese-Marea-Vortice-FR.113-FR.114-FR.115

4° Grupsom - Taranto

Atropo-Bragadin-Corridoni-Da Procida-Menotti-Mameli-Settembrini-Speri-Zoea-CB.1-12

5° Grupsom - Lero

Ametista-Beilul-Onice-Sirena

7° Grupsom- La Maddalena

Argo-Brin-Dandolo-Giada-Nichelio-Volframio

9° Grupsom - Brindisi

Manara-Bandiera-Ialea-Squalo

12° Grupsom - Pola Fiume

Pisani-Serpente-Otaria-Settimo

11° Grupsom BORDEAUX

Cagni-Finzi-Torelli-Bagnolini-Cappellini-Giuliani-S 1-9

Battelli asegnati alla X MAS

Ambra-Murean-Sparide-Grongo-CB 1-4,6

In 21 September of 1943 they had been constituted the Group MARSA SIROCCO with order on Ship Cesare:

Settembrini-Vortice-Bragadin-Corridoni-Atropo-Platino-Axum-Bandiera-Marea-Nichelio and Jade

Group SAN PAOLO with order on Ship Miraglia:

Brin-Zoea-Onice-Jalea-Squalo-Galatea-Menotti-Alagi-H1,2 and 4, subsequently it is joined the Turquoise.

C.te Duval

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Concordo, i nomi dei battelli non si traducono :s12: non si faceva neanche sotto il fascio e neppure nella Francia attuale: mi sta bene in un post in inglese dire che le navi erano basate a "Venice", ma dire che la corazzata Re Giorgio V con le portaerei Illustre e Arca Reale attacarono la Principe Bismarchi, mi sembra troppo.

Mino

P.S.: non sapevo che avessimo una base di sommergibili in una località dove sono nate le note Girls (The Spice): in inglese La Spezia si dice La Spezia, come in italiano la città di Bath si dice Bath e non bagno o contenitore d'acqua.

Per fortuna che te set a te de berghem, in do stet? me sto vers colognola e te? magare an se cognos vest che n'gha la stesa età

Modificato da hdosbe
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

C.te hdosbe sappi che se sapessi bene l'nglese come sembra che lo sai tu , forse certi errori non li avrei commessi , ma almeno io a differenza di altri C.ti ho tentato di dare delle informazioni a chi le ha chieste, invece di criticare i mei post mettendo i puntini sulle I dove ho sbagliato, sarebbe stato molto più utile fare le duvute correzioni al mio scritto e solo così saresti di aiuto al C.te PL Hartamann e no certamente evidenziando la mia Ignoranza del fatto che conosco pochissimo l'Inglese commettendo errori banalissimi che neanche alunni delle elementari fanno.

Grazie

Duval

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Dai ciapetela mia!

Io non conosco l'inglese, ho studiato francese: ciò non toglie che i nomi delle navi non si traducono :s02: .

The Spice l'ho trovato su wikipedia, basta andare e cercare La Spezia in italiano, una volta aperta la pagina, andare sulla versione inglese e si scopre che in inglese si dice La Spezia.

COmunque la tua risposta era più che esauriente :s20: .

Ciao

Mino

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti